Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs
426-6001 loc. 5141-5142
M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; Sat 8:00 am to 12:00 nn
ADMISSION PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS
New website: http://www.ateneo.edu/ls/graduate-programs
1. The applicant obtains an application form from the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and pays the application fee for Filipino applicants of P200.
Alternatively, the downloadable version of the Application Form and Recommendation Forms may be printed and the application fees paid upon filing of the application.
2. The applicant fills out and submits the forms together with the other requirements by the deadlines set by the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs. General application deadlines for SY 2015-2016 are as follows:
Intersession - April 15, 2015 (for all Departments)
First Semester - June 17, 2015 (for all Departments)
Second Semester - October 21, 2015 (for all Departments)
3. Each application form should be accompanied by:
* one (1) photocopy of the filled out form
* two (2) copies of personal essay (the topic is indicated in the application form)
* two (2) photocopies of the applicant’s official transcript of undergraduate and graduate records (if applicable)
* four (4) colored 2” x 2” size ID pictures
* three (3) duly accomplished Recommendation Forms
* two (2) photocopies of birth certificate
* two (2) photocopies of marriage certificate (for married women)
* the testing fee.
4. The applicant is required to take the entrance test. Entrance tests are administered by the Fr. Jaime Bulatao, S.J. Center for Psychology Services (Bulatao Center) at the Loyola Heights campus and provincial testing centers. A list of testing dates at the various testing centers is posted on www.ateneo.edu/ls/graduate-programs. The applicant is scheduled for testing after submitting all application documents.
5. The applicant may be interviewed by the Department Chair that offers the graduate program. The interview is scheduled after the applicant has filed the application and taken the entrance tests.
6. After the applicant has completed the above steps, the applicant will be notified by the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs in due time whether the applicant will be admitted or not into the program applied for.
7. The accepted applicant is given one month to submit the following admission credentials:
- Original undergraduate and graduate transcript of records bearing the original signature of the registrar and school seal. Transcripts from the Philippine schools should bear the notation, “Copy for the Ateneo de Manila University - Loyola Schools”
- Transfer Credentials/Honorable Dismissal Certificate issued by the school where the applicant was last enrolled effective upon the applicant’s initial enrollment in Graduate Studies
- Special Order Number and Certificate of Graduation (as needed).
Personal Essay Questions for applicants to the Department of Filipino (Kagawaran ng Filipino)
SANAYSAY NA PERSONAL
(Isa hanggang dalawang pahina lamang ang haba, makinilyado sa maikling bond paper, at laktawan)
Sumulat ng isang sanaysay na personal at nagpapahayag ng sumusunod:
a. mga dahilan ng pag-aaral sa antas ng gradwado sa panahong ito
b. mga dahilan ng pagpili ng iyong programa ng pag-aaral
c. mga katangiang personal, kakayahan o natatanging kahusayan na sa iyong palagay ay makatutulong sa inyong piniling programa ng pag-aaral
d. mga sagabal o suliranin na maaaring makaharap samantalang nag-aaral
e. ang maiaambag ng edukasyong gradwado sa Ateneo sa iyong propesyon at sa higit na malawak na lipunan
Graduate Students Registration
1. Registration is held during a designated period prior to the beginning of each semester. Registration information is issued by the Office of the Registrar.
2. Admission requirements must be completed before registration. Students who do not submit all of the necessary credentials on time may only be admitted provisionally.
3. For old students, departments set a schedule for advisement of subjects before each registration period. New students are advised at their home department before enlisting for subjects during the registration period.
4. A student’s list of officially registered courses on the Ateneo Integrated Student Information System (A.I.S.I.S.) is the official record of subjects in which the student is enrolled. Changes must be accomplished by the student on the official load revision forms available at the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs.
5. Students should complete the registration process to be considered officially enrolled. The complete registration process involves:
a. Enlistment in advised classes
b. Payment of the assessed fees
c. ID validation
A student must be officially enrolled to participate in classes, e.g., join groups, submit papers, or take exams. Only students who are officially enrolled are entitled to grades at the end of the semester or term. If there are any special circumstances that prevent a student from completing registration, he/she should immediately see the School Registrar.